The Minor Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag is the lighthouse of Catholic faith not just for Catholics from all over Pangasinan, but also for the Catholics of the world. The Minor Basilica of Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag, also known colloquially as the Manaoag Church, traces its roots to the Augustinians who first built the church under the name “Church of Santa Monica.” It was then transferred to the Dominicans in the nearby town of Mangaldan. As a symbol of hope and healing for many Filipinos, the Church itself witnessed a lot of tragedies. That began when the first attempt to expand the Church was stalled by the Philippine revolution - when Filipino revolutionaries burned the church along with important records, ornaments, and religious treasures. When the Dominicans came back through the invitation of Rev. Mariano Pacis, reconstruction of the Church began in 1882 and finished between the early 1930s. Canonically affiliated to the Papal Basilica of Saint Mary Major in Rome since June 2011, the Manaoag Church is known for performing miracles, and granting people spiritual wishes. Before being anointed as a Minor Basilica in February 17, 2015, the then Our Lady of the Rosary of Manaoag Church served as a bastion of light and spiritual rejuvenation for many Catholics in the North and all over the Philippines. Annually, the Minor Basilica receives hundreds of visits, especially during Visita Iglesia done during the Holy Week of April.